This course provides an overview of meteorology and the services provided by the Bureau. It is designed for people such as news presenters, farmers, mariners, emergency personnel and anyone with a keen interest in weather.
- Discover the basic principles behind atmospheric science and weather forecasting,
- Investigate the major weather systems which influence Australia,
- Learn about the weather and warning services offered by the Bureau,
- Other topics include: thunderstorms, fire weather, climate principles, tropical cyclones and marine forecasting.
Course cost: $990 inc GST
What past attendees say:
- “The course really helped to get a better understanding of the meteorology side of our work.”
- “I really enjoyed the course and I am glad I was able to attend. I will be recommending it to others.”
- “Lots of passion to provide us with the best material and lectures.”
Contact the Introduction to Meteorology Manager (Philip Perkins): email@example.com